Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Back to School

After selling my couch and dresser at asking price through Krrb - shockingly none of the inquiries I got through Craigslist panned out - I wanted to give back to such an awesome site so I paid a couple bucks and became a certified member.  My book case was gone in days after I listed it.

Krrb is having a "Back to School Sale" where you can get $25 back from purchases over $100 - $50 if you were a certified member.  I never met a sale I didn't like.

I've been using my window sill as a nightstand but its just a little too far away.  Also saw these posts about nightstand-desk combos and figured it would be nice to have a desk again in that 48" by 45" space in the top left quadrant.



Thought about just building a shelf to save on floorspace and keep it simple.  Just itching for a way to use some reclaimed wood!  Liked Flatiron Green's little counter, and the thought of a wall of astroturf :)





But then, I saw this and my heart was lost forever.  At 33" by 18" it would fit the space nicely - and given the other inquiries I was lucky to beat out, would be an easy resell if it ever came to it.  I got in touch with the seller Kyla and she agreed to hold it and its lovely light blue stool for me through the weekend.  Kyla's Adaptations store (aka a Real Honeyhole) is by appointment so I had a great reason to visit Greenpoint.


It was awesome meeting Kyra and seeing all the great stuff her showroom has.  She gave me some excellent advice on what finish to use if I want to give the desk that midcentury glow.  I think it will also come in handy for my Lost and Found chair project.


Kyra and I chatted about selling on Krrb and if they pass in person inspection she will be selling my vintage Smith-Victor lamps for me on consignment - cause those babies have not been moving on their own.  Could this be the grownup equivalent of meeting on the playground?  I feel like I made a hopscotch buddy.

Lust worthy burnt orange storage locker from Adaptations in excellent condition.  The doors on the smaller compartments lift upwards instead of sideways which is a neat little detail.  I'd love to put it in my entryway for shoes and bags and sports equipment but I'm $525 short.
My new desk and chair are being delivered by Kyra (for free!) on Sunday.  It looks like The Cure Thrift Shop (all proceeds go towards juvenile diabetes research) will be coming for my table, wingback chair, bench, and other assorted goods on Thursday - I tried selling them over the past couple of weeks on Krrb and Craigslist but haven't had any luck so I'm going for the tax deduction on those. A cure to diabetes is something I'm all for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment